For over 60 years, Plyco Corporation has been a leading manufacturer and supplier of products to the post frame, metal clad building and commercial construction industries. Plyco is based in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin and is seeking a positive and professional Design Engineer.
This position will provide creative engineering solutions to existing and new products. While also, contributing to the success and profitability of the business with innovative design solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer and market expectations.
- Analyze product offering as to manufacturing and material costs and develop designs that can be produced economically to maintain or improve the company's competitive position and profitability.
- Act as technical resource for product field support of customers, service personnel and field sales, assisting in addressing and resolving questions and problems.
- Collaborate throughout the organization to address and resolve manufacturing, design and quality problems, and ensure the continuous on-going improvement of processes and methods.
- Use CAD systems to layout, design and modify existing drawings and the creation of new drawings.
- Perform engineering calculations on new and existing designs.
- Creates designs within pre-defined schedule and cost targets and supports implementation in production.
- Advise management on a regular basis as to the status of the design projects.
- Creates and maintains bill of materials, instruction sheets and writes engineering change orders.
- Interface with others during the design, building and production, to include engineering calculations, testing, sourcing, planning, suppliers or customers.
- Ability to provide customers and sales people with quotes considering technical and engineering requirements as well as project needs.
- Develops customer service, salesmen and production staff by providing technical information and training.
- Maintain product performance certification programs, quality assurance documents, and inspection documents
- Presentation and demonstration of existing and new products to new hires, inside/outside sales and customers as well as tradeshow attendees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Related Field (5 years’ experience in the construction field)
- Extensive Post Frame and Pre-Engineered Building knowledge preferred
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across varying levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors
- Experience with troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Auto CAD 3D, Excel, Word, Office, Etc.
- Manufacturing experience preferred(Entry Doors, Windows, Fasteners, Ventilation)
- Strong work ethic and unwavering integrity
- Competitive compensation
- Health Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Dental, Vision Insurance
- Wellness Center
- Family run business
We hire the best talent in the industry to be part of the team. If you feel you are up for a great challenge and are aligned for who we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Submit Your Resume
Fill out the form below and attach your resume using the by clicking the "Select file" button. Please make sure your resume is in DOC or PDF format.